People are now going back to ancient practices because they know that the modern times have been causing them too much stress. Of all the means of relaxation out there, more and more people are looking forward to experience the benefits of meditation.
Because of its effectiveness in terms of calming the mind and developing a person’s level of intuition, meditation is now being performed not just as a means of clearing the mind and inner reflection but also to heal various illnesses in the mind, emotions, and physical aspects.
Meditation and its benefits
One of the most celebrated benefits of meditation is that it greatly helps the person’s physical state. Among the physical benefits of meditation includes the heart through a deep rest, because it decreases the person’s metabolic rate as well as the heart rate, which leads to the reduction of workload for the heart. Aside from that, its also known to lower the levels of a person’s cortisol as well as dissolving the chemicals that are closely associated with everyday stress.
Other physical benefits of meditation also include reduced free radicals in the body by eliminating oxygen molecules that are unstable, decreases a person’s high blood pressure, develops the ability to have more resistant skin, lowering or totally dropping the person’s level of cholesterol, improve air flow to the lungs to aid easy breathing, delays biological aging and increases the levels of DHEAS in older people.
When it comes to the psychological factor, meditation aids in increasing the person’s brain wave coherence, decreasing anxiety levels, often irritability, deep-set depression, mood swings, improves the person’s memory as well as his or her learning ability, increases the person’s ability for self-actualization, increases the person’s feeling of youthfulness and rejuvenation as well as vitality, which leads to positive outlook in life and joyfulness, and increases a person’s emotional status and stability.
Other noted benefits of meditation for an individual and his or her community include:
– Relaxation to the person’s body, mind, and soul.
– Rejuvenation of energy to face the heavy challenges and stress ahead.
– Healing of various illnesses that are closely-associated with the mind and the body.
– Making a person more stable in terms of emotions.
– Developments of a relaxed family life, and instilling positive outlooks in life to younger people.
– Enhances the person’s ability to make his or her mind function properly.
– Letting a person discover his or her inner self, this in turn releases the creativity in them.
– It helps people to free themselves from various vices and addictions such as alcohol and cigarettes as well as in various medications such as tranquilizers and narcotics.
– It also helps a person to gain higher self-confidence, thus, resulting to stronger power of the will.
– It can be an effective and safe way of discovering one’s self instead of focusing the attention to other unhealthy practices.
– It aids in the development of the power of the mind.
The list goes on relating to the benefits of meditation in an individual and to his or her community (being the 50 trillion cell in the body).